Thursday, September 10, 2009

So Thankful for God's Goodness

I'm tired as I write this...but had to share with everyone God's goodness. I sit in my living room doing devotions late. I read a devotion called, "A good day." This woman is thankful for everything in life, the good, the bad, and the everyday normal things. We have it so good. We have food, shelter, my husband has a good job, we have 5 kids, family that loves us...and so much more. How good it is to know that no matter what we have it so good. Life throws us many curve balls, but with God we can deal with it. His faithfulness is always with us. I am so glad for that. Today instead of thinking about what you don't have...think about what you do have. Be thankful that you get to live another day...and if you are healthy and have what you need then it is truly A Good Day!

Psalm 118:1

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever."

1 comment:

  1. What a loving devotion. God is good and always gives us what we need. I feel very blessed to know an awesome God and to be one of His. I am just about 79 and have been a widow for 4 years (the 9th it was 4 yrs.) I still miss my hubby so very much, but God is with me always and I have a loving family as well as a loving "church family". I have sad days of course, but God always lifts me up and makes me realize how blessed I am. May you have a blessed week and continue to rejoice in the dear Lord and your sweet family. Many blessings to you.......Pauline

    ReplyDelete